What is known about this cemetery is based entirely on the research of two early 20th century genealogists. The first, Winifred Wolcott, refers to it as `East Chatham cemetery’ and states only that it was a very old cemetery and had no stones remaining when she did her research in the early 1900’s. The second, an Esther Powell, had an `X’ marked on a map on the north side of Coon Club Rd. near the Lafayette township border. She noted it as `oldest cemetery, gone’. No other information was given. Based on the limited information available it is possible that both are referring to the same site. Nothing is known about the specific location of this cemetery or about any burials that might have been made.