ALTERNATE NAMES: West Homer, West Homerville, Brethren
LOCATION: west side of Firestone Rd. (CR-26); south of Black River School Rd. (CR-83); behind the house at 8156 Firestone Rd.
CURRENT OWNER: Trustees of Homer Township
ACCESS: public – there is no legal right of way up to the cemetery – visitors must park in the driveway for the house in front of the cemetery
SIZE: WPA listed as 0.5 acre; tax maps give as 1 acre but indicate could be only ½ acre
ESTIMATED NUMBER OF BURIALS: 140+
EARLIEST KNOWN BURIAL: March 14, 1834 – Frances Baker*
MOST RECENT KNOWN BURIAL: 1955 – Anna C. Hoffman
PERMANENT PARCEL #: 019-13A-12-002 (Medina County Engineer’s Overhead View)
ORIGINAL LOT #: Section 21, Lot 6
TOWNSHIP, RANGE: T1N: R17W
* – the earliest date found on a stone is September 12, 1830 for Myron Larabee but this date is suspicious given that the township wasn’t even settled until 1831.